England Golf has as we speak named robust males’s and boys’ selects to tackle the problem of subsequent month’s European Staff Championships.
The lads have the benefit of enjoying on dwelling turf when the main male amateurs from 19 European nations come to Royal St George’s Golf Membership on the Kent Coast from 5-9 July.
Royal St George’s, a bunch for the Open Championship on no fewer than 15 events, final staged the European Novice Staff Championship in 1965 when Eire emerged triumphant.
The boys, in the meantime, return to a well-recognized location in Germany for his or her European journey and the prospect to win the Jean-Louis Dupont Trophy for the primary time.
The advanced at St Leon Rot GC– host of the current German Boys’ Open – opens its doorways for 18 groups from round Europe over the identical dates in July.
England males’s group
- Sam Bairstow – Hallowes GC, Yorkshire
- Jack Bigham – Harpdenden GC, Hertfordshire
- Barclay Brown – Hallamshire, Yorkshire
- Arron Edwards-Hill – Chelmsford GC, Essex (foremost picture)
- John Gough – Beaconsfield GC, BB&O
- Olly Huggins – Frilford Heath, BB&0
England boys’ group
- Josh Berry – Doncaster GC, Yorkshire
- Josh Hill – Trump Dubai GC
- Frank Kennedy – Trump Jupiter GC
- Dylan Shaw-Radford – Huddersfield GC, Yorkshire
- Harley Smith – Rayleigh GC, Essex (pictured above)
- Tyler Weaver – Bury St Edmunds GC, Suffolk
Commenting on the squads, Stephen Burnett, England Golf’s males’s efficiency supervisor, stated: “These are two very robust picks filled with particular person expertise and that includes gamers with earlier expertise of worldwide group occasions.
“The prospect of the lads enjoying at Royal St George’s and flying the flag for England on one of many world’s nice hyperlinks programs is massively thrilling.
“Our boys have additionally loved a powerful begin to the season at dwelling and overseas and might head to Germany with confidence.
“These championships are at all times fiercely aggressive and it will likely be nice to be within the thick of the motion once more after a two-year hiatus brought on by the pandemic.”
England’s males have beforehand received the European title on 11 events. The final victory got here in 2013 when the group defeated Scotland within the closing performed at Silkeborg GC in Denmark.
This yr, Denmark head into the lads’s occasion as champions whereas Germany can have dwelling benefit when defending their boys’ crown.